Zephyr Enterprise Edition 4.1 Advances JIRA Integrations
San Francisco, CA – June 1, 2012—Zephyr, the industry’s leading provider of real-time test management, today announced at the Atlassian Summit the latest version of their award winning Zephyr Enterprise Edition 4.1. This exciting new release delivers on many key customer requests, providing users with new features such as requirements integration with JIRA, enhanced JIRA defect integration, improved drill down visibility and metrics, as well as Administrator requested features and performance upgrades.
Enterprises that have standardized on JIRA and use it for either or both requirements and issue tracking, do not have to look any further for a tightly integrated test management solution. Harnessing JIRA’s power, Zephyr Enterprise Edition, automatically pulls requirements and defects information as changes occur in JIRA, linking them to manual and automated tests, giving an end-to-end comprehensive view to the entire project team. Users can import JIRA issues in bulk, file any issue type and suppress inactive statuses. There is nothing to copy and paste from one application to another, no need to worry about double-entries, and no time lost to working against an obsolete set of requirements.
“I have used about half a dozen tools ranging from freeware to the expensive offerings from IBM and HP,” said Bob St. Hilaire, Asst. Director, SQA for Measured Progress. ”Zephyr has scaled well for our distributed QA group with our multiple releases in parallel, Agile processes and need for real-time status updates.”
Zephyr Enterprise Edition 4.1 introduces numerous new enhancements:
- Requirement integration – automatically pulls requirements information as changes occur in JIRA, linking them to manual and automated tests, giving an end-to-end comprehensive view to the entire project team.
- Defect integration – automatically pulls defects information as changes occur in JIRA, linking them to manual and automated tests, giving an end-to-end comprehensive view to the entire project team. Users can import JIRA issues in bulk, file any issue type and suppress inactive statuses.
- Test details in metrics –Drill down details are now available in test metrics. Users can see the actual tests that have failed and why the tests failed.
- Powerful Administrator features – Attachments are now stored separately, which dramatically reduces the size of daily backups and the time it takes to perform daily backups is much faster. A new requirements API makes it even easier to configure and integrate with JIRA or any requirements system of choice.
- Performance upgrades – There have been major performance improvements in the way test repositories are displayed, with large repositories of tests showing up much faster. Exporting custom reports have been optimized to run in seconds compared to minutes, with more than a 4X improvement in report output performance.
“Enterprises like Measured Progress are using Zephyr to manage the process of testing their software. Zephyr Enterprise Edition is the only solution that automates test management through real-time, push based technology and collaboration,” says Keith Cook, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Zephyr. “Zephyr provides yet another reason for enterprises that have standardized on JIRA to switch from costly, aging legacy software and embrace the efficiency and visibility already enjoyed by over 400 companies.”
Availability & Pricing
- Zephyr Enterprise Edition 4.1 is available now. For more information contact email@example.com.
- The free connector is available on the Atlassian Marketplace
- Available: SaaS and OnPremise
- Pricing: Starts as low as $80 a month per user
- For upgrades, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a hold of the self upgrader module
Zephyr is a leading provider of on-demand, real-time enterprise test management solutions, offering innovative applications and unparalleled, metrics based visibility via real time dashboards into the quality and status of software projects. The feature rich solution addresses today’s dynamic and global needs across a variety of industries including finance, healthcare, mobile, IT services, and enterprise software. Zephyr’s global customers experience improved productivity, faster time to market and dramatic cost savings. For more information, please visit www.getzephyr.com.