Zephyr for JIRA allows Atlassian customers to add testing to the overall planning, development, bug tracking and reporting process inside JIRA 5.
Fremont, Calif. (Feb 22, 2012) – Based on the success of their award-winning Zephyr Enterprise Edition software, Zephyr – the leader in real-time test management – is proud to announce Zephyr for JIRA, a brand new test management application, built exclusively for the new JIRA 5 Platform. Advancing Atlassian’s vision of helping transform the teams building great software, Zephyr for JIRA demonstrates how easy it is for partners to build sophisticated applications on the JIRA 5 platform. Zephyr for JIRA offers JIRA 5 users a native test management solution that looks and works exactly like their favorite project tracking tool. The new application helps software development and testing teams become more agile, productive and connected.
Atlassian’s JIRA 5 platform features an expanded plugin API and improved REST APIs. Third-party software vendors can now more easily integrate with JIRA and create products that are seamlessly compatible with future JIRA releases, accelerating software development and saving companies time and money. JIRA 5 allows remote applications to create and update issues with links back to their own applications. Third-party applications can also define new events to add to JIRA activity streams in order to keep users up-to-date with what is happening in other systems.
“Together we provide a single online destination for product teams to dream, plan, build, test and launch great software,” said Ken Olofsen, Group Product Marketing Manager for JIRA at Atlassian. “Zephyr for JIRA is a perfect example of what we are striving to achieve by making it easier for partners to integrate with our platform so that they can introduce new capabilities to our customers. It’s a win-win for everyone in our ecosystem.”
Zephyr for JIRA completes end-to-end project management in JIRA 5 by adding testing to the overall planning, development, bug tracking and reporting process. Project teams who have standardized on JIRA and need to integrate testing into their workflow will find Zephyr for JIRA to be an ideal solution. The solution makes it easy to organize, execute track and report on testing alongside tasks, requirements, tests and defects. Extending the powerful customizability of the JIRA 5 platform, Zephyr for JIRA gives project teams, traceability, quality metrics and test progress, all in the same JIRA UI for an affordable price.
“Combining the power and simplicity of JIRA 5, Zephyr for JIRA gives organizations the flexibility to design, develop and test software from a single platform,” says Samir Shah, CEO for Zephyr. “We worked very closely with Atlassian to leverage the power of the JIRA 5 platform in creating this brand new product. Existing JIRA customers will experience immediate benefits in quality, visibility and productivity gains.”
- Create and organize tests – Create, view, edit and clone testcases. Organize by project, version, components and labels. Add detailed test steps, data, expected results and attach files and/or screenshots.
- Link to requirements – Link to any issue type: epics, stories, tasks, new features, etc. Track test coverage and add attachments as files and/or screenshots.
- Plan test execution cycles – Create execution cycles for any iteration, track test execution progress, and execute tests for any cycle.
- Execute tests – Execute tests either ad-hoc or from test cycles, file new bugs or link existing ones, add attachments and comments or execute the same test multiple times or re-execute it.
- File bugs – File JIRA bugs directly from test execution screens, automatically link bugs to a test, and view all bugs associated with a test across all executions.
- Track quality metrics – View quality OpenSocial gadgets in test dashboards, test distribution and execution, metrics and customizable reports.
Availability & Pricing
- Zephyr for JIRA is now available on the Atlassian Plugin Exchange. Pricing starts at $10. Learn more.
- JIRA 5 is available both as a Download or OnDemand. Pricing starts at $10. Learn more.
Atlassian products help innovators everywhere plan, build and launch great software. More than 17,000 large and small organizations – including Citigroup, eBay, Netflix and Nike – use Atlassian’s issue tracking, collaboration and software-development products to work smarter and deliver quality results on time. Learn more at www.atlassian.com.
Zephyr is a leading provider of on-demand, real-time enterprise test management solutions, offering innovative applications and unparalleled, metrics based visibility via real time dashboards into the quality and status of software projects. The feature rich solution addresses today’s dynamic and global needs across a variety of industries including finance, healthcare, mobile, IT services, and enterprise software. Zephyr’s global customers experience improved productivity, faster time to market and dramatic cost savings. For more information, please visit www.getzephyr.com.